We are on a mission to protect America’s outdoor climbing areas. We believe that it’s not enough to just love these incredible landscapes where we climb—we must be willing to stand up and fight for them. Want to join us?
Access Fund is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. We are a proud supporter of the OIWC CEO Pledge, and we seek to attract a skilled workforce that reflects the
demographics of current and future outdoor enthusiasts. Together, we are building an organization and an industry
where great ideas, born from a diversity of experiences, thrive.
Database and Membership Manager
Summary of Position: The Database and Membership Manager provides: 1) skilled and reliable management of the Access Fund’s database; 2) administration and management of the Membership Program; and 3) technical support for development and fundraising activities. This position is part of the Development Team and plays an integral role in executing strategies to drive membership growth and retention, analyze the results of those initiatives and support the organization’s annual revenue goals. Candidates must possess strong analytical skills, experience managing a database, attention to detail, and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Manage the day to day administration of the Access Fund’s Salesforce database
- Review, develop, and create systems and process (organization-wide) to integrate development and program operations into the database
- Be proficient in database reporting and query design
- Work to increase database functionality; revising methodologies and documenting standard operating procedures
Membership and Development Responsibilities
- Administrate the Access Fund’s Membership Programs, including the Joint Member and monthly donor programs
- Strategically utilize the Access Fund database to drive membership growth
- Analyze the performance of direct mail and other fundraising campaigns and strategies
- Manage the membership renewal program by sending monthly e-mail reminders and orchestrating renewal mailings with our direct mail house
- Generate queries and contact lists for member solicitations and thank you letters
- Work with the Development and Marketing Teams to create compelling member acquisition and renewal strategies via direct mail, email, and social media
- Act as main point of contact for membership services by answering member questions regarding membership status, payments, transactions, and member benefits
- Oversee the daily implementation of gift processing as it relates to the database, including new memberships, renewals, and donations
- Help to track and identify donor trends and relationships to positively influence fundraising strategies
- Work with the Development Director to review, develop and create process to support fundraising operations and activities
- Work with the Marketing Team to organize, maintain and implement lead acquisition and nurture processes in the database to capture and cultivate prospective members
- Must be able to work a consistent 40 hour week, with flexibility to work some weekends and travel when necessary
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with a donor management system, including: data entry and query design
- Must possess excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and database programs, and have a willingness to learn custom database software
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability to train others on use of database systems
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and fundraising tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Self-starter, capable of taking direction but working independently
- Knowledge of climbing, and an interest in climbing advocacy and the work of the Access Fund
- A bachelors’ degree or higher
- Experience working with Salesforce is a plus
- Understanding of fundraising principles and practices
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Pro-deal participation
- Full Access Fund benefits, including health insurance, dental, disability
Please send a resume and cover letter with ‘Database and Membership Manager’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Access Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation in treatment or employment in its programs or activities.